Infosys Q2 result highlights: Net profit jumps to Rs 4,110 cr, dividend announced
Infosys Q2 Results Highlights: The company said that it has witnessed a 'broad-based growth across all business segments and geographies during the quarter'.
Infosys Q2 result highlights: Second quarter (July-September quarter) earnings beat analysts’ expectations. Infosys today announced its Q2 results for quarter ended September 30, 2018. In a statement, the IT major revealed that Infosys Q2 consolidated net profit jumped 10.3% year-on-year to Rs 4,110 crore, revenue up 17.3% at Rs 20,609 crore. The reason behind the jump are its US banking clients. The company said that it has witnessed a 'broad-based growth across all business segments and geographies during the quarter'.
Infosys CFO Ranganath D Mavinakere termed the quarter's performance as a 'Blockbuster' one. Check out the key highlights:
1. Net profit at Rs. 4,110 crores; YoY growth of 10.3%
2. 4.2%: Q2 FY19 QoQ revenue growth in CC terms
3. 31.0%: Digital revenue share in Q2 FY19
4. 7.1%: H1 19 YoY revenue growth in CC terms
5. 23.7%: Operating margin in Q2 FY19
6. Q2 19 revenues grew year-on-year by 17.3% in INR terms; 8.1% in constant currency terms
7. Q2 19 revenues grew sequentially by 7.7% in INR terms; 4.2% in constant currency terms
8. Digital revenues at $905 million (31.0% of total revenues), year-on-year growth of 33.5% and sequential growth of 13.5% in constant currency terms
9. H1 revenues grew by 14.7% in INR terms; 7.1% in constant currency terms
10. Operating margin 23.7%, at higher end of guidance range
11. Q2 19 Basic EPS grew year-on-year by 16.0% in INR terms
12. Large deal wins crossed $2 billion
13. Declared interim dividend of Rs 7 per share
14. FY 19 revenue guidance in constant currency retained at 6%-8%; Operating margin guidance retained at 22%-24%
15. INR: Revenue was Rs. 20,609 crores for the quarter ended Sep 30, 2018; YoY growth was 17.3%
16. North America grew by 3.7% sequentially; and 3.8% in constant currency
17. Europe grew by 1.8% sequentially; and 4.0% in constant currency
18. Rest of the world grew by 3.9% sequentially; and 6.8% in constant currency
19. Vertical Metrics: EURS grew by 1.9% sequentially; and 2.8% in constant currency
20. Vertical Metrics: Retail grew by 4.9% sequentially; and 5.9% in constant currency
21. Vertical Metrics: MFG grew by 3.7% sequentially; and 4.8% in constant currency
22. Vertical Metrics: Financial services grew by 4.7% sequentially in reported terms; and 5.8% in constant currency
23. Gross addition of more than 19,700 employees in Q2FY19
24. 217,739 employees, as on Sep 30, 2018
25. USD: EPS was $ 0.26 for the half year ended Sep 30, 2018; YoY growth was 4.8%
26. INR: EPS was Rs. 17.76 for the half year ended Sep 30, 2018
Watch This Zee Business Video
The company has recently allotted 2,18,41,91,490 fully paid up equity shares of face value Rs 5 each during the three months ended September 30, 2018 pursuant to a bonus issue approved by the shareholders through postal ballot. The bonus shares have been issued to celebrate 25th year of public listing in India.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.