Indian Railways to introduce Tri-Netra system soon; Piyush Goyal
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal informed Rajya Sabha on Friday that Railways is conducting extensive trials of Tri-Netra technology but it cannot be introduced till it is found to be perfect in detecting any obstruction on tracks during fog.
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal informed Rajya Sabha on Friday that Railways is conducting extensive trials of Tri-Netra technology but it cannot be introduced till it is found to be perfect in detecting any obstruction on tracks during fog. He further said that the Tri-Netra system is another attempt by the Railways to develop modern technology.
Here is what all you need to know about the upcoming developments by Indian Railways:
- Railways is conducting extensive trials of Tri-Netra technology which stands for 'Terrain Imaging for Drivers Infrared, Enhanced, Optical & Radar Assisted system' comprises Infrared Camera, Optical Camera and Radar assisted imaging system which acts as the three eyes (Tri-Netra) of the Locomotive Pilot.
- Tri-Netra is to assist Loco pilots to identify obstructions on tracks, especially in foggy conditions and to reduce accidents.
- Testing on all parameters will be done after its procurement and field trials as proof of concept
- This Tri-netra device is making an attempt during fog through ultrasonic waves where it will be able to detect any obstruction on tracks.
- Railways is also setting up small Reverse Osmosis (RO) water plants at some stations for provisions of drinking water to people.
- Responding to a query on lack of availability of water on trains, the minister Piyush Goyal said, "Railways have now taken a policy decision that we are changing the system for high-pressure pumping so that water tanks get full and nobody has problems during the journey."
"While we are distributing Rail Neer inside trains, we are also setting up small RO plants at different stations where people can procure water for drinking," Goyal added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.