Indian Railways new timetable 2018: Tejas Express to make Delhi-Chandigarh, Delhi-Lucknow travel luxurious
New Indian Railways Timetable 2018: Indian Railways has introduced its new timetable effective from August 15. The new timetable has changed the arrival and departure time of hundreds of trains. It has also adjusted the running time of several trains to make them punctual. Many trains' destination station has been changed to de-congest the stations.
The new timetable has inducted railways' new policy with regards to the maximum permissible speed of a train. The new norms have fixed the maximum permissible speed (MPS) of 105 kmph for trains having a maximum speed of 110 kmph and 115 kmph for trains having a maximum speed of 120 kmph.
The timetable shows that two new Tejas Express, one new Antyodaya Express and two new Uday Express trains will be introduced in next 12 months.
Tejas Express is Indian Railways' luxury train that currently runs between Mumbai CSMT and Karmali. Railways has included two new Tejas Express in its new timetable - Trains At A Glance.
Tejas Express (train number 22425) will run between New Delhi and Chandigarh while train number 22426 will run between Chandigarh and Delhi. Train 22425 will leave Delhi at 6.30 am to reach Chandigarh at 9.30 pm while train 22426 will depart from Chandigarh at 5.55 pm to reach New Delhi at 8.55 pm. According to the journey time, Tejas will take just three hours to cover the distance between Delhi and Chandigarh. The train will run six days a week barring Wednesday.
Watch This Zee Business Video
The fare of Tejas Express will be higher than Shatabdi.
Currently, the minimum time taken by a train to reach Chandigarh from Delhi is 3 hours 20 minutes, as per IRCTC data. The train is Kalka Shatabdi (12005).
On the other hand, another Tejas Express, train number 12586 and 12585, will run from Delhi to Lucknow and vice-versa. Train 12586 will depart from New Delhi at 3.35 pm to reach Lucknow at 10.05 pm, while train number 12585 will leave Lucknow at 6.50 am to reach Delhi at 1.35 pm. This sets the journey time at 6 hours 45 minutes. The train will run five days a week excluding Sunday and Thursday.
The minimum time taken by a train on Delhi-Lucknow route is 6 hours 15 minutes which is by recently introduced Gorakhpur Humsafar Express (12572). The average train travel time on the route is 8 hours.
However, not all trains on these routes offer facilities that Tejas Express has on its plate.
Tejas Express is equipped with aircraft like features. It is a semi high-speed train having modern onboard facilities and enhanced passenger comfort. It is capable of running at a speed of 200 kmph.
Check out the features of Tejas Express:
* Onboard WiFi
* LED TV with Touch Control for each passenger (with recorded content, can be upgraded to Live TV)
* Remote-controlled Venetian windows
* Bio-vacuum toilets
* Touchless water taps, soap dispenser
* Marble finish anti-graffiti coating
* Hand dryers
* Vinyl Wrapped specially designed exteriors
* Automatic entrance plug type doors (provides better sound and heat insulation, can be controlled by Guard panel)
* Secured gangways (reduce sound levels, dirt, sand, water ingress, increase passenger safety & Comfort, energy efficiency, elegant design)
* Electro-pneumatic air brakes for enhanced safety
* Fire & smoke detection and suppression system
* CCTV cameras for security
* GPS based passenger information system
* Berth reading light
* Redesigned backrest with higher height
* Redesigned armrest
* Leg support for Executive Chair Car with gas spring
* Provided with USB charging facility
* Magazines, Tea and Coffee vending machines, Snack tables
* Local cuisine and celebrity chef menu