Indian Railways Mega Block in Borivali-Andheri and Mehsana-Ahmedabad-Palanpur routes: Check date, full cancelled trains list
A jumbo block will be taken from 10.35 hrs to 14.35 hrs on Up & Down fast lines on Sunday, 21st October, 2018 between Borivali and Andheri stations for maintenance of tracks, signalling and overhead equipment, said Western Railway.
Indian Railways will be carrying out maintenance of tracks, signalling and overhead equipment on October 20 and 21. While the Western Railway has announced a Jumbo Block, the Central Railway has announced a Mega Block. The public transporter has cancelled many trains due to the issue. Here's the list of affected trains:
"A jumbo block will be taken from 10.35 hrs to 14.35 hrs on Up & Down fast lines on Sunday, 21st October, 2018 between Borivali and Andheri stations for maintenance of tracks, signalling and overhead equipment. During the block all Up & Down fast line trains will run on Up & Down slow lines between Borivali and Andheri stations," said the WR.
It added that to overcome operational constraints, several trains have been cancelled/partially cancelled on Mehsana - Ahmedabad - Palanpur section for two days - October 20 and 21.
* Train No. 54803/54805 cancelled between Abu Road - Ahmedabad - Abu Road on 20/10/2018
* Train No. 19411 Ahmedabad - Ajmer Intercity Express cancelled from 20/10/2018 to 21/10/2018.
* Train No. 19412 Ahmedabad - Ajmer Intercity Express cancelled from 21/10/2018 to 22/10/2018.
* Train no. 79437 Mahesana - Abu Road Fast Passenger cancelled between Palanpur - Abu Road on 20/10/2018
* Train no. 79438 Mahesana - Abu Road Fast Passenger cancelled between Palanpur - Abu Road on 20/10/2018 to 21/10/2018
The railway division also said that some trains have been affected due to non-interlocking work at Kalka station on the Ambala - Kalka section of the Northern Railway.
* Train no. 22925 Bandra Terminus - Kalka Express, journey commencing from 25/10/2018 to 29/10/2018 will be cancelled between Chandigarh and Kalka.
* Train no. 22926 Bandra Terminus - Kalka Express, journey commencing from 26/10/2018 to 31/10/2018 will be cancelled between Chandigarh and Kalka.
The Central Railways will operate Mega Block on Main line and Harbour line for carrying out maintenance work on 21.10.2018. The details of the mega block is as follows:
* Thane - Kalyan Down fast line from 10.30 am to 3.30 pm
* Down fast/semi fast services leaving Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mumbai from 9.25am to 2.54 pm will halt at Ghatkopar, Vikhroli, Bhandup, and Mulund station in addition to their respective scheduled halts.
* Down fast services beyond Thane will be diverted on Down slow line between Thane and Kalyan stations halting at all stations and will arrive destination 20 minutes behind schedule.
* Panvel-Vashi up and Down harbour lines from 11.30am to 4.30pm.
* Up harbour line services for Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus leaving Panvel/Belapur/Vashi leaving Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus from 10.30am to 3.39pm will remain suspended.
* Up Trains-harbour line services for Thane leaving Panvel from 10.12am to 4.26pm and Down harbour line services to Panvel leaving Thane from 11.14am to 4.00pm will remain suspended.
* Panvel-Andheri services will remain cancelled during the block period.
* Special local trains will run on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus - Vashi section and services will be available on Thane-Vashi/Nerhul during the block period.
Watch This Zee Business Video
"Due to these blocks, suburban trains are likely to be more crowded than usual. Passengers are requested not to take any risks while travelling. They are also requested to avoid crowded trains. These maintenance mega blocks are essential for infrastructure upkeep and safety. Passengers are requested to bear with the railway Administration for the inconvenience caused," said the Central Railway.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.