Indian Railways launches 2 apps, Rail MADAD, Menu on Rails; big benefits for passengers rolled out
In a bid to ease the traveling experience of the passengers Ministry of Railways on Monday launched two mobile applications. The two apps- 'Rail MADAD' and 'Menu on Rails' were launched by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Minister of State (MoS) Manoj Sinha at a press conference that was arranged to highlight the achievements of the Ministry over the last four years.
With Rail MADAD the passengers would be able to lodge complaints and the Menu on Rails will allow travelers to check the food menu and beverages and their prices on offer on the track.
Let's have a look on how the Rail Madad app works:
1. First, you have to register a complaint with minimum inputs with Rail MADAD. It then issues a unique ID.
2. The complaint is then relayed to the relevant official online for immediate action.
3. Once the action is taken against the complaint, then that is again reverted to the passenger through an SMS.
There are various helpline numbers displayed in the app that allows the passengers to call directly for immediate assistance.
This is how the Menu on Rails app works:
1. The app displays various food menu served on different trains. Four types of food items are there for Mail/ express trains- Beverages, Breakfast, Meals, and A-La-Carte
2. Rates are displayed for food served both in the trains and for stations.
3. There are 96 items in the A-La-Carte menu under categories of Breakfast, Light Meals, Combo Meals Non-Veg, Jain Food, Sweets, Diabetic foods etc.
4. The food that is to be served in Rajdhani, Shatabdi, and Duronto trains are also displayed in the app.
5. The app will be available on Android and iOS platforms
While addressing the conference, Goyal said that safety has been on the top priority of the government. "The theme for development this year is to improve connectivity for the poor, in line with Mahatma Gandhi's ideologies. We have been working towards development with the right intention, which has yielded significant results for us. Our focus has been on improving safety, avoiding rail accidents, installation of CCTV on all coaches and clearing our backlog," he said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.