IIM aspirant? These new courses will greet you in 2019
Indian Institute of Managements (IIMs) will roll out fresh courses for the new students in the next academic session. The new batches for the year 2019-2021 programmes will study some latest subjects and theories in their programmes. In order to prepare the young managers become future ready and suitable for industries, the institution has decided to revamp the whole structure of programmes, according to a report by The Economic Times.
There is an increase in demand for subjects like business analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning among students and IIMs are working to meet the expectations, two faculty members were quoted as saying in the report. The focus will be on live assignments, Industrial projects, interactive classes, practical sessions and experiential learning.
1. IIMs plan to make courses more practically equipped to make the students ready for upcoming jobs in the industries.
2. Lectures and sessions from the industrial experts so that they can share their teachings and experience with the students.
3. Introduction of subjects like big data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, digital marketing, bitcoin etc.
4. Accreditation with the international institutions to widen the growth opportunities for students.
5. Additional live cases, experiential sessions, skill oriented assignments and method learning will be included.
IIM Bangalore will focus more on entrepreneurship courses as of now, whereas IIM Calcutta is revamping the current pattern of programmes to make their students future proof, says the report.
IIM Indore is putting more emphasis on participant-centric learning process through live experimental studies and skill based assignments.
IIM Kozhikode has started a new programme called Leadership 4.0 and various other courses related to machine learning and artificial intelligence, the report says.
IIM Ahmedabad has included courses like big data analytics, internet of things, predictive analysis, digital marketing, bitcoin, behavioral finance.
Earlier this year, students of IIMs bagged highest number of placement offers from multinational giants like Samsung, LG, Amazon, Google, Uber, IBM, Microsoft, Facebook, Hindustan Unilever, Coca Cola, TCS, Wipro, Dabur etc. There has been a 15 to 20 percent rise in average pay offers across all IIMs.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.