How to sell your own products on Amazon: Simple, 5-step guide
Due to the easy availability of the internet, convenience an abundant variety of products are available at every search and that is the reason why people are increasingly doing online shopping.
Have you ever thought of expanding your business to crores of customers and businesses? However, there are so many points that need to be kept in mind before you can actually start selling your products online. First and foremost, you need a suitable supplier on the Internet and you also need to make sure your supplier is legitimate and reliable. Due to the easy availability of the internet, convenience an abundant variety of products are available at every search and that is the reason why people are increasingly doing online shopping. It also saves time and effort. Secure shopping option is a must and this is the reason why people trust brands for purchases.
E-commerce giant Amazon can lend a helping hand to expand your business. If you are planning to tie up with Amazon to sell your products then know that this is an easy and effective way to reach millions of potential buyers. Whether you have to sell a little or sell a lot, Amazon provides you with the required tools and services to sell online successfully. Surprisingly, you can sell your products on Amazon and complete the process in just 5 easy steps.
Steps to sell on Amazon is a simple process:
1. Register your seller account/ Create your account: To become an Amazon seller, the person needs to first enter your tax information (GST Number & PAN, depending on your category) and an active bank account.
Once you register with the Amazon account then you will have access to Seller Central, your one-stop portal for all your selling needs.
2. Add your products/ Upload your listings: Once you've registered to sell online, then you will need to list your products on the list. Either you can use our easy-to-use listing tools on Seller Central, or list through the Seller App.
If in case you don't have the image of your product and you need support with product photography, cataloguing or anything listing-related, the person can always hire professionals from Amazon's third-party Service Provider Network (SPN).
3. Customers see and buy your products/ Start selling your products: By listing your products on Amazon, you can reach millions of potential customers & businesses every day. Moreover, if your listings are Fulfilled by Amazon, they become eligible for Prime. Now your products will be displayed on the website and can be bought and sold through the Amazon website.
If you want to advertise on Amazon, then the company also offers Sponsored Products which will target customers relevant to your products.
4. Deliver your products to the customer: When an order has been placed for one of your products, Amazon notifies you by email as well as in your Seller Central dashboard. If you choose "Fulfilment by Amazon", Amazon will take care of storage, picking, packing and shipping as well as customer inquiries. That means you don't have to worry about any storage, picking, packing and shipping or customer inquiries because that charge will be taken by Amazon.
Even if you are not on FBA, your account comes enabled with Easy Ship - Amazon will pick products from you and deliver it straight to the customer, with their world-class delivery service.
Watch Zee Business video here:
5. Receive your payment: Once the product is delivered the Payment for your sales (minus the Amazon Seller fees) is deposited securely into your bank account every 7 days, including your Pay on Delivery orders. You can also view your deposited balance along with tips to grow and expand your business in your Seller Central account.
With these easy steps, you can sell your products online through Amazon in an easy way without any worries about storage, picking, packing and shipping as well as customer inquiries.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.