Homebuyers get yet another boost! Govt set to bring common platform
Centre is planning to provide single window information on best practices and rulings in the housing sector and will soon come up with a platform that will integrate Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) of all the states.
Government may soon come up with an integrated common platform for real estate developers, property agents, projects etc. Centre is planning to provide single window information on best practices and rulings in the housing sector and will soon come up with a platform that will integrate Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) of all the states.
The common platform would provide suggestions about the real estate properties and projects to invest in, real estate developers, registered property agents and much more. While currently, the information pertaining to RERA of different states is available locally and not for the consumption at a national level.
1. Durga Shankar Mishra, Secretary, Housing and Urban Affairs ministry said, "The platform would provide all the rulings related to the properties in different states categorised according to the subject and with a summary.
2. ''The single window platform would help people in applying the earlier rulings in any part of the country to their particular case, if applicable. It would bring all the best practices in the home buying sector under one umbrella,'' added Mishra.
3. He said the recommendation to develop a common platform was made by a committee headed by Vijay S Madan, RERA chief for Delhi and Chandigarh.
4. The website would enable exchange of best practices among the states. Haryana, for example, has two RERAs - one in Panchkula and another in Chandigarh.
5. Mishra also said that the common platform would allow exchange of rulings between the two as well as among other states.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.