- IRDAI sets a target of 5 years for life insurance companies for greater penetration; proposes state-level committee
- Dalal Street Corner: Bank, FMCG stocks help Nifty clear crucial hurdle of 15,800; what should investors do on Tuesday?
- Despite windfall tax, brokerages remain bullish on oil & gas stocks; see up to 70% upside on ONGC, Oil India
- Rupee settles flat at 78.94 against US dollar
- Akasa Air showcases crew uniform; conducts proving flight test
Halwa Ceremony: Printing process for General Budget 2019-20 commences
The Budget press, situated in North Block, houses all the officials in the period leading up to the presentation of the Union Budget.
Marking the commencement of Budget printing process for the General Budget 2019-20, Halwa ceremony was held in North Block today afternoon in the presence of Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, said a FinMin statement. As the Union Budget 2019-20 will be presented on 5th July, 2019, there is a “lock-in” of the officials involved in making the Budget to maintain the secrecy.
The Budget press, situated in North Block, houses all the officials in the period leading up to the presentation of the Union Budget. These officers and staff gain touch with their near and dear ones only after the Budget is presented by the Finance Minister in Parliament.
At the Halwa ceremony, the Finance Minister was accompanied by MoS for Finance Anurag Thakur, Finance Secretary SC Garg, Revenue Secretary AB Pandey, besides Rajiv Kumar Secretary, DFS, and Atanu Chakraborty, Secretary, DIPAM, among others.
PC Mody, Chairman, CBDT; PK Das, Chairman, CBIC, members of CBDT & CBIC and Arvind Srivastava, Joint Secretary (Budget), besides other officers and staff of the Ministry of Finance involved in the Budget preparation and printing process were also present on the occasion, according to the FinMin statement.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.