GST Council Meeting: Full details of goods and services, where rates hiked or slashed
Government has announced increase in Goods and Services Tax (GST) on several items including those related to kitchenware, stationary, LED lamps, lights and fixtures. The decision was taken during the two-day GST Council meeting that eneded on 29 June
The Government has announced increase in Goods and Services Tax (GST) on several items including those related to kitchenware, stationary, LED lamps, lights and fixtures. The decision was taken during the two-day GST Council meeting that eneded on 29 June. The meeting was chaired by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in Chandigarh. The meeting was also attended by finance ministers of States and Union Territories.
Among services, the councila has also given its recommendations to increase GST on Services supplied by foreman to chit fund, Job work in relation to processing of hides, skins and leather and job work in relation to manufacture of clay bricks.
Here is a list of items where the GST levies have been announced:
India vs Australia LIVE Score, 2nd ODI Match Updates: 1-0 up Team India eye unassailable lead against Aussies in Indore
Asian Games 2023 Opening Ceremony Live Streaming: When and where to watch Asian Games live in India on TV, online mobile apps
India is the most expensive stock market in the world, says V K Vijayakumar of Geojit Financial Services
The Council directed that the Group of Ministers on Casino, Race Course and Online Gaming re-examine the issues in its terms of reference based on further inputs from States and submit its report within a short duration.
The GST Council has also issued clarifications on GST rate:
- Electric vehicles whether or not fitted with a battery pack, are eligible for the concessional GST rate of 5 per cent.
- All fly ash bricks attract same concessional rate irrespective of fly ash content
- The GST rate on all forms of mango under CTH 0804, including mango pulp (other than mangoes sliced, dried) attract GST at the 12%. Entry is also being amended to make this amply clear. Raw or fresh mangoes continue to be exempt.
- Sewage treated water is exempted from GST and is not the same as purified water provided.
- Nicotine Polarilex Gum attracts a GST rate of 18 per cent.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.
India vs Australia Free Live Streaming: When and How to watch IND VS AUS 2nd ODI Series live on TV, mobile apps online