- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Issue filled 37% on Day 1; should you subscribe? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4 price in India revealed - Pre-booking, offers and specifications
- Har Ghar Tiranga campaign: Over 30 crore National Flags sold; CAIT says business worth Rs 500 crore generated
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee death anniversary: Remembering the poet Prime Minister of India
- From Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio: 5 Tata Group stocks that made him ace investor
Government launches National Broadband Mission, Rs 7 lakh cr to be invested
The central government on Friday launched National Broadband Mission, which envisages an investment of Rs 7 lakh crore in the next 4 years from both government and industry to connect the country digitally at a faster pace.
The central government on Friday launched National Broadband Mission, which envisages an investment of Rs 7 lakh crore in the next 4 years from both government and industry to connect the country digitally at a faster pace. The mission, launched by Union Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, is part of the National Digital Communications Policy, 2018.
The mission envisages Rs 7 lakh crore investment from government and private sector together over the next 3 to 4 years. 10 per cent of the funds will come from USO Fund and the balance to come from industry in the form of towers and other assets, Anshu Prakash, the Telecom Secretary said at the launch.
The mission will secure universal broadband access for implementation of broadband initiatives.
COAI Director General Rajan Mathews said the mission will fast-track digital connectivity across the country.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.