- Dalal Street Corner: Market ends flat even as FII selling nears exhaustion; what should investors do on Friday?
- Exclusive: June GST collections estimated at Rs 1.37-1.39 lakh cr, sources tell Zee Business ahead of announcement on 1 July
- Eknath Shinde sworn in as 30th Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Fadnavis becomes Deputy CM
- Gold Price Today: Weaker Rupee to hold yellow metal slide domestically, amid strengthening Dollar; analyst suggests strategy
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
Flyers alert! No refund despite cancellation? What may happen soon
Flight cancellation refund: The revised draft proposal states that airlines have the option to provide an alternative flight or full refund in case of the flight gets delayed by up to six hours.
Flight cancellation refund policy: If your flight is delayed by up to six hours, the aviation company has every right to provide you alternative flights. It means that air passengers won't be able to claim their compensation for cancellation of their flight in such a scenario.
As per the Business Standard newspaper, "The revised draft of the passenger charter of rights, new proposal states that airlines have the option to provide an alternative flight or full refund in case of the flight gets delayed by up to six hours." So, the new draft gives operators an option to provide an alternative to the passenger in case of cancellation due to the flight getting delayed up to six hours. Earlier the aviation companies had to refund entire amount to the passenger in case of cancellation caused by delay in flight.
See Zee Business video below:
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) February 5, 2019
The newspaper reports that a meeting was chaired by Jayant Sinha, Minister of State (MoS) for Civil Aviation earlier this month to hear airline and airport operators' concerns and finalise the proposal. Currently, aviation companies are required to pay compensation of Rs 5000 to Rs 10,000 to a passenger in addition to a refund of ticket cost in case of flight cancellation, reports Business Standard.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.