- FIIs buy shares worth Rs 3,040 cr on August 12, highest this month; net purchase at Rs 14,841.66 crore
- Independence Day Special: How investment habits, preferences of people have changed over the past 75 years
- Laal Singh Chaddha Vs Raksha Bandhan box office collection: How much money Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar movies made in two days
- Money Guru: As India gears up for 75th Independence Day celebration, where should you invest for benefit in New India? Expert de
- 31 new malls coming soon in India: Set to spawn massive jobs, employment opportunities
Fair Usage Policy: Good news! Now Vodafone Idea has no limit on calls
Telecom operators like Airtel, BSNL and Reliance Jio which gives a neck and neck competition with each other offers virtually unlimited calling and data to attract more customers.
With the emergence of Reliance Jio in the Telecom Industry, the Indian telecom sector has bought a major shift regards to the calling and data services which are becoming cheaper day by day to sustain the competition. Fair Usage Policy is a term widely used in respect to Broadband Internet service and its plans and the limit of the usage of calls or data. FUP is used to describe bandwidth caps for usage.
Telecom operators like Airtel, BSNL and Reliance Jio which gives a neck and neck competition with each other offers virtually unlimited calling and data to attract more customers. Whereas Vodafone and Idea Cellular who have a daily and weekly fair usage policy. As per the reports of BGR, Vodafone Idea has removed the FUP limits on unlimited calling services.
Fair Usage Policy (FUP) which refers to capping bandwidth in order to prevent heavy users will be removed from the unlimited plans and the users can actually make unlimited calls. Vodafone and Idea Cellular had set a FUP for unlimited calling which was 250 calls daily and 1,000 calls on a weekly basis. Once the calling limit was completed the users were charged 1.2paise per second or Re 1 per minute depending upon the company's policy.
Earlier, Broadband companies used the term unlimited plan to attract the customers but with the TRAI instruction broadband service providers had to present their clear offers like the FuP and other details.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.