- Foreign portfolio investors' exodus continues for 9th month; withdraw Rs 50,203 cr from equity market in June - know reasons
- Windfall tax to recoup most of Rs 1 lakh cr revenue lost in excise cuts, industry sources say
- D-Mart Q1 revenue jumps almost 2-fold to Rs 9,806.89 cr
- This Android malware switches off Wi-Fi and drain mobile wallet
- North Korea says US, South Korea-Japan agreement materialises US plan for 'Asian NATO'
Economic goals: Nirmala Sitharaman seeks cooperation of states, UTs to work with Centre
Sitharaman was quoted as saying, "unprecedented level of devolution of funds has taken place from centre to the states which has increased in recent times from Rs 8,29,344 crore to Rs 12,38,274 crore".
Seeking cooperation of all states and Union territories to work together with the Centre, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today said that while the Centre sets the direction of economic growth, it is for them to ensure effective implementation on ground. In her opening remarks at the pre-budget consultation meeting with state finance ministers, she made following remarks.
1. She said, "No goals can be achieved if states and the centre don't work together in cohesion... The centre has the responsibility of setting the direction of the economic growth while it's the responsibility of the states to implement in the field."
2. In a series of tweets, the finance ministry said that Sitharaman sought the cooperation of all the states and union territories in achieving the aspirations of the people and extended full cooperation from her side in achieving the desired goals.
3. Sitharaman was quoted as saying, "unprecedented level of devolution of funds has taken place from centre to the states which has increased in recent times from Rs 8,29,344 crore to Rs 12,38,274 crore".
4. Notably, the share of states in tax devolution has increased from 32 per cent under 13th Finance Commission to 42 per cent in 14th Finance Commission during the first term of the present government.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.