Delhi Government Teachers Recruitment: Rules likely to be changed - Know all details here
The All India Guest Teachers Association has highlighted the concerns of TGT Recruitment aspirants saying that the DSSSB has invited TGT Recruitment Applications in 2017 and held the exam in 2018.
DSSSB and Directorate of Education are planning to make some key changes to the recruitment of Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) in secondary classes of Delhi Government School. One of the key changes is the lowering of the maximum age limit to 30 years from the existing 32 years.
As per the changes proposed to the TGT Recruitment Rules, the maximum age to apply for the post of Secondary School Teachers in Delhi Government is up to the maximum age of 30 years. Earlier, the maximum age limit for applying for the Delhi Government’s TGT Recruitment was 32 years. However, the 5-year exemption in age limit granted to government serving applicants from the Central Government will be continued by the Directorate of Education under the new Rules.
However, the guest teachers, who are already serving in Delhi Government Schools have objected to the new rules proposed by the DSSSB for TGT Recruitment 2019. The All India Guest Teachers Association has highlighted the concerns of TGT Recruitment aspirants saying that the DSSSB has invited TGT Recruitment Applications in 2017 and held the exam in 2018.
Apart from the revision of age limit, the Delhi government has also highlighted another key modification, in which the Department of Education is a preference for direct recruitment over promotions. DoE is planning to recruit 80% of the total vacant seats for TGT Posts via Direct Recruitment. The rest of 20% seats will fall under the promotion quota and will be filled by existing subject teachers in government schools including language. Earlier rules stated that 75 % of TGT posts in government schools were filled by promotion and only 25% by direct recruitment.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.