Cabinet Decisions: TOP ANNOUNCEMENTS made by Modi government - All details here
The press conference happened after Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi took place on Wednesday morning. Here are all the TOP DECISIONS/ANNOUNCEMENTS:-
Prakash Javadekar, Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Information and Broadcasting, Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, and Narendra Singh Tomar, Minister of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayat Raj, on Wednesday address the media about the Cabinet Decisions taken on Wednesday. The press conference is happening after Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi took place on Wednesday morning. Here are all the TOP DECISIONS/ANNOUNCEMENTS:-
-Cabinet approves Rs 1 lakh crore fund to improve infra, logistics in agri sector: Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar
- Cabinet approves development of Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (AHRCs) for urban migrants / poor as a sub-scheme under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban
-Cabinet approves capital infusion Rs.12,450 crore for three Public Sector General Insurance Companies – Oriental Insurance Company Limited, National Insurance Company Limited and United India Insurance Company Limited (including Rs. 2,500 crore infused in FY 2019-20)
- Cabinet allows 7.4 cr poor women to avail quota of 3 free LPG cylinders till Sep; Rs 13,500 cr to be spent on scheme
- Cabinet approves extension of EPF contribution 24% (12% employees share and 12% employers share) for another 3 months from June to August 2020 under PMGKY/Aatmanirbhar Bharat; with total estimated expenditure of Rs.4,860 crore, the move will benefit over 72 lakh employees
- Cabinet approves extension of time limit for availing the benefits of "Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana" for Ujjwala beneficiaries by three months w.e.f. 01.07.2020; PMGKY aims to provide a safety net to the poor and vulnerable who had been hit the hardest by the pandemic.
- Rs 1.49 lakh cr to be spent on giving free foodgrain, pulses for eight months
- So far, about 74.3 Cr. beneficiaries have been covered in April and 74.75 Cr. beneficiaries have been covered in May and about 64.72 Cr. beneficiaries in June 2020
- In view of need for continuous support to the poor and needy, Cabinet approves extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana – allocation of additional foodgrain for further five months from July to November, 2020
WATCH FULL VIDEO: Cabinet Decisions Press Briefing
Earlier, Cabinet meeting was held on June 24 and some key decisions were taken. Reacting to the decisions, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had said, "The landmark decisions taken by the Union Cabinet are aimed at accelerating economic growth and the country's strides in space, besides assisting farmers, villages and small businesses." In a series of tweets after chairing the Cabinet meeting, he had said crores of Indians will gain from these decisions. "The reform trajectory continues," he tweeted, referring to the decision to allow participation of the private sector in the entire range of space activities, including planetary exploration missions. The Union Cabinet's approval to reforms in the space sector is yet another step towards making the nation self-reliant and technologically advanced, he said. The reforms will boost private sector participation as well.
Referring to decisions related to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Modi pointed out that the Cabinet approved an interest subvention scheme for Shishu loan accounts under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana. "This scheme would provide valuable support and stability to small businesses," he said.
Setting up of the Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund augurs well for the sector, he said, adding that it will boost the income of farmers. "Investment and sectoral infrastructure, especially in dairies, will get an impetus," he said.
The prime minister said the decision to upgrade the Kushinagar airport as an international airport is a great news for Uttar Pradesh, tourism and those inspired by the noble thoughts of Lord Buddha. "Kushinagar Airport will now be an international airport. Connectivity will improve significantly. More tourists and pilgrims will also mean better opportunities for local population," he said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.