Cabinet Decisions Today: Top announcements by PM Narendra Modi-led government - All details here
Cabinet Briefing: Union Ministers Prakash Javadekar, Giriraj Singh and Jitendra Singh addressed the media. They briefed media about the decisions taken in the Union Cabinet meeting on Wednesday.
Dr Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Ind Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region, MoS PMO, Govt. of India, Prakash Javadekar, Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Information and Broadcasting, Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, and Giriraj Singh, Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying on Wednesday addressed the media about the Cabinet decisions taken today. The press conference is happening after Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi took place at 7 Lok Kalyan Marg on Wednesday. Here are all the TOP DECISIONS/ANNOUCEMENTS:-
- A new institution has been formed. It will be known as Indian National Space, Promotion and Authorisation Centre. It'll guide the private industries in space activities through encouraging policies in a friendly regulatory environment: MoS for Atomic Energy and Space, Jitendra Singh
- Cabinet approves Rs 15,000 cr infrastructure fund to promote dairy, poultry and meat processing: Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh
- Union Cabinet approves establishment of Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund. Government will provide 3% interest subvention to eligible beneficiaries: Union Minister Giriraj Singh
- Union Cabinet, chaired by PM Modi approves additional investment by ONGC Videsh Ltd. for development of blocks A-1 and A-3 Blocks of Myanmar: Prakash Javdekar
- Deadline for OBC Commission to submit its report extended by six months, says Union Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Union Cabinet approves declaration of Kushinagar Airport in Uttar Pradesh as an International Airport: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Union Cabinet has approved a scheme for interest subvention of 2% to Shishu loan category borrowers under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, outstanding as on 31st March 2020, for a period of 12 months to eligible borrowers: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar
- The decision to bring 1,540 cooperative banks under RBI's supervision will give an assurance to more than 8.6 crore depositors in these banks that their money amounting to Rs 4.84 lakh crore will stay safe: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Govt banks, including 1482 urban cooperative banks and 58 multi-state cooperative banks, are now being brought under supervisory powers of Reserve Bank of India(RBI); RBI's powers as they apply to scheduled banks will apply for cooperative banks as well: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar
- We have built up good space assets, these are now in a way being opened for use by everyone: Union Minister Prakash Javadekar
WATCH FULL VIDEO: Cabinet Briefing by Union Ministers Prakash Javadekar, Giriraj Singh and Jitendra Singh
On Tuesday, Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh had addressed a Virtual Meet of India’s leading experts in AYUSH from across the country. Dr Jitendra Singh said that COVID pandemic has reiterated the merits of integrated medical management and added that in the times to come, serious thought would require to be given to this aspect for a more effective medical prophylaxis as well as therapeutics.
Addressing a Virtual Meet are some of India’s leading experts in AYUSH including Dr Nagendra Acharya, Head Vivekananda Centre Bengaluru, Dr.Ramanathan from SitaramAyurvedic Hospital Thrissur Kochin, Dr.Zamir Ahmad Consultant from Unani Medical Sciences Aligarh Muslim University, Dr. Ashok Sharma Homeopathic Consultant, Institute of Human Behavior and Allied Sciences New Delhi, Dr Jitendra Singh recalled that even though the merits of integrated or holistic management had been realised even in the case of non-communicable diseases, Diabetes Mellitus but somehow this aspect did not receive the kind of attention that was required. Even though, he said, there is ample evidence and research papers to show that even on treatment with insulin oral antidiabetic drugs a patient with Diabetes can achieve better blood sugar control and reduce the dose of medicine, if simultaneously be advised to practise other methods including Yoga, Naturopathy, etc.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.