Booking Indian Railways ticket at IRCTC? Avail free train ticket using this SBI credit card at irctc.co.in
Though the IRCTC or Indian Railways directly doesn't offer any discount on regular train tickets, one can certainly benefit from offers provided by banks and third-parties.
Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation has over six crore registered users and a large number of these users book tickets using irctc.co.in every day. Though the IRCTC or Indian Railways directly doesn't offer any discount on regular train tickets, one can certainly benefit from offers provided by third-parties. One such benefit you can get from State Bank of India's IRCTC Platinum Card. An interesting aspect of the card is that if you use it regularly for booking your trip, you can even get to book a free train ticket. Yes, you read it right. The IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card gives you the opportunity to book a free train ticket. Read on to find out the benefits of the credit card:
1. Get 350 activation bonus Reward points on spending Rs 500 or more within 45 days of card issuance
2. Earn Rs 100 cash back on your first ATM cash withdrawal within 30 days of receiving the card
Value Back Benefits
3. Buy tickets through irctc.co.in for AC1, AC2, AC3 and AC CC and earn up to 10% value back as Reward points. (1 Reward Point = Rs 1)
4. Get 1 Reward point for every Rs 125 spent on non-fuel retail purchases, including railway ticket purchases at irctc.co.in.
Zero Payment Gateway Charges
5. If you use SBI IRCTC Platinum Credit Card, you will not have to pay 1.8% transaction charges on railway ticket bookings on www.irctc.co.in.
Fuel surcharge waiver
6. Rebate from paying the 1% fuel surcharge across all petrol pumps in India, on transactions of Rs 500 - Rs 3,000, exclusive of GST and other charges.
7. Get maximum surcharge waiver of Rs 100 per statement cycle per credit card account.
Watch This Zee Business Video
Book Free Train Ticket
8. You can book a free train ticket using the rewards points. The card offers 1 reward point for every Rs 125 spend on all non-fuel retail purchases including train tickets.
The card comes with one-time joining fee of Rs 500 and an annual fee of Rs 300.