BJP National Executive meet highlights: From corruption to GDP, 10 things FM Jaitley said
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also launch Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana.
Much-awaited and crucial BHartiya Janta Party (BJP) national executive meet concluded today in Delhi. The party met to review its performance and impact of the government policies.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is also likely to make announcements in his valedictory speech on the last day of the meet. According to some media reports, Modi will unveil the stimulus package to revive the economic system of the country.
Moreover, Modi will also launch Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana.
For the meeting, 13 Chief Ministers, six deputy Chief Ministers, 1500 MLAs and 334 MPs were present.
Soon after the meeting, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley addressed the media, giving insights of the meeting.
Jaitley said that Modi will make announcement on plan for poor welfare.
Here are 10 big things Jaitley said:
1. The Congress from 2004 to 2014 did not take a single step against black money and corruption. So naturally, any step by us will not be supported by the UPA government.
2. According to ANI, Arun Jaitley quoted Prime Minister saying that his battle against corruption is un-compromised, jo koi bhi isme pakda jaaega vo bachega nahi. Aur isko (battle against corruption) emphasize karne ke liye unhone (PM) ek vakya ka istemal kiya ke 'I have no relatives'
3. Main point of PM's speech was that we should take BJP beyond elections and make it instrument of mass participation, Jaitley said.
4. On Sardar Patel’s birthday on October 31, the BJP will organise a ‘Run for Unity’ event, Jaitley added.
5. In the last quarter there was a dip in Gross Domestic Product which was brought down by manufacturing sector, Jaitley said.
6. The government is taking steps needed to change economic environment, Jaitley said.
7. According to PTI, Jaitley said no other political party in the country is as active as
8. Jaitley said PM said opposition sometimes uses harsh language but makes no substantive charge
9. BJP leader Arun Jaitley says power was means of enjoymentfor the opposition when it was in government.
10. PM Modi has told BJP national executive that the party "should be taken beyond elections", says Jaitley added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.