Big convenience! Indian Railways modifies booking rules of train tickets for these trains
Amid nationwide lockdown in place till May 31, Indian Railways is presently running 15 pairs of special trains with effect from May 12.
Amid nationwide lockdown in place till May 31, Indian Railways is presently running 15 pairs of special trains with effect from May 12. Now, in a major decision to give convenience to the train passengers, Indian Railways has decided to revise certain terms and conditions of these 15 pairs of special trains. The change has been implemented with effect from train booking date 24th May 2020 and for train starting date of 31st May 2020 onwards. Here are all the details:-
- The Advance Reservation Period (ARP) of these trains will be increased from 7 days to 30 days.
- There shall be no Tatkal booking in these trains.
- RAC/Waiting list tickets will be issued in these trains as per extant instructions applicable. However waitlisted passengers will not be allowed to board these trains as per extant instructions.
- First chart shall be prepared at least 4 hours before scheduled departure and second chart shall be prepared at least 2 hours((unlike earlier practice of 30 minutes) before scheduled departure. Current booking shall be permitted in between first and second chart.
- Booking of tickets shall be permissible through computerized PRS counters including Post Offices, Yatri Ticket Suvidha Kendra(YTSK) licensees etc, as well as through on-line booking including authorized agents of Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation(IRCTC) and Common Service Centres.
Meanwhile, India registered biggest single day spike of COVID-19 cases for the fourth consecutive day on Monday with 6,977 new infections, reported in the last 24 hours, taking the country's tally to 1,38,845, while the death toll rose to 4,021, according to the Union Health Ministry. A total 154 deaths were reported in the last 24 hours till Monday 8 am. The number of active COVID-19 cases climbed to 77,103 while 57,720 people have recovered and one patient has migrated, the ministry said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.