- Top stocks to buy with Anil Singhvi: Sanjiv Bhasin picks two stocks – Chola Invest, Cummins | Know target price, stop-loss, and
- SEBI launches mobile app 'Saa₹thi' to provide financial product information to investors
- Top Pick with Anil Singhvi: Sandeep Jain recommends this textile stock for robust returns - Know PAT, target, levels and other d
- DGCA extends ban on international flights till February 28 due to surging coronavirus cases; cargo operations exempted
Average onion price now near Rs 68, says Piyush Goyal, lists govt steps to cool down rates
As onion, potatoes, dal and other essentials' prices have been rising in the recent period, Union Minister Piyush Goyal addressed the media today and revealed the steps that the central government was taking to ensure rates retreat. The minister also berated the Punjab government for leading farmers astray and hinted at other parties too lining up on the side of the dealers
As onion, potatoes, dal and other essentials' prices have been rising in the recent period, Union Minister Piyush Goyal addressed the media today and revealed the steps that the central government was taking to ensure rates retreat. The minister also berated the Punjab government for leading farmers astray and hinted at other parties too lining up on the side of the dealers. Goyal said that a failed attempt has been made to mislead the farmers in Punjab over the recent farms bill passed by the Centre. Goyal holds twin charges as a Railway Minister and Minister of Commerce and Industry.
Goyal also said that the average price of onions has now come near Rs 68, while that of potatoes is Rs 42 per kg.
At the same time, the minister had some good news to convey on edible oil prices. He said that there has only been a slight rise in prices but no intervention is required from the government side for now. He added that this slight rise happens during this time of the year.
Know what the Minister said on this issue:
* The state Government and a few political parties are standing with the middle men. (He was referring to a former NDA ally Akali Dal).
* The Narendra Modi Government has worked on doubling the farmers’ income.
* The government has also taken various steps to keep the prices of onion, pulses and potato in check
* The Average price of onion is currently around Rs 68.
* The government banned exports of onion in September.
* Till now, around 7000 tn of onion has been imported which is likely to go up to 25,000 tn by Diwali.
* The new produce of onion will soon come into the markets that would bring down the prices.
* The government has also put a limit on stocking of onion.
* The onion is being transported to all parts of the country via Kisan Rail.
* The government has also put a ban on exporting onion seed.
* The states have been given onion from buffer stocks
* The duty on import of potato has been fixed at 10 per cent for every 10-lakh metric tn. This will be in place till 31 January.
* Currently the price of potato is Rs 42.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
* The price of pulses have also stabilised.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.