- Dalal Street Voice: Who will make money in 2022? S. Naren decodes ABCDEF of investing
- Vedant Fashions IPO: Price band fixed at Rs 824-866; issue opens on February 4
- A ‘Humble’ US Fed in January meeting, likely to be ‘Nimble’ footed for the March interest rate hike
- Budget 2022 Expectations: What electric vehicle industry demands from FM Nirmala Sitharaman; Here is the wishlist
- Kotak Mahindra Bank q3 result: PAT jumps 31% YoY to Rs 3,403 crore in December
As sleuths quiz Chidambaram, CBI HQ turns into a fortress
The road leading to the building was barricaded at least 500 meters ahead of its entrance with a huge contingent of policemen standing guard.
The area around CBI headquarters building in New Delhi was virtually turned into a fortress on Thursday as top sleuths continued interrogating former Finance Minister P. Chidambaram inside its premises. The road leading to the building was barricaded at least 500 meters ahead of its entrance with a huge contingent of policemen standing guard. Incidentally, the new CBI building was inaugurated in the presence of Chidambaram in 2011.
Entry through the barricade was strictly barred except for staff and vehicles with government stickers. "All thoroughfare has been blocked. Entry is only on furnishing of valid identity proofs. General public have been prohibited from using this route," said a senior cop.
Entry of vehicles through the barricade was only through a proper queue.
Chidamabaram had reportedly spent Wednesday night inside a suite on the ground floor of the CBI building.
Watch Zee Business Live TV
Chidamabaram had been whisked to the headquarters of the CBI, near Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, on Wednesday night after he surfaced at a press conference of the Congress Party.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.