Petrol, diesel prices at record high; here is how you can save money at fuel station
Petrol, diesel prices create new record highs every these days. Petrol and diesel prices in Delhi were at Rs 77.17 per litre and Rs 68.34 per litre, respectively. The increase in price is due to global oil prices and the government's reluctance to cut excise duty
Petrol, diesel prices create new record highs every these days. Petrol and diesel prices in Delhi were at Rs 77.17 per litre and Rs 68.34 per litre, respectively. The increase in price is due to global oil prices and the government's reluctance to cut excise duty. Crude oil is now hovering near $80 per barrel, a huge rise from the prices level seen last year. Considering that the upward surge in the fuel prices is expected to continue, the onus is on drivers to cut consumption as much as possible. While the best solution would be to ditch the car or bike totally, but that is impractical, especially as public transport is not geared up to handle an increased load. However, we can save fuel by following these steps while driving:
1. Keep your car in spanking good order. The engine must be fully tuned and all the wheel bearings suitably greased. Yes, regular servicing is a must. In case you don't want to go for a full service, just get the oil and filters replaced. The result will be a much more smoother drive, including instant starts. Make sure you top-up your coolant. The liquid has a nasty habit of disappearing and it can lead to overheating of engine that can cause malfunctions.
2. Other things that can be checked are oil in power-steering and air in tyres. If tyres are under-inflated, car will turn into a fuel guzzler.
3. Do not use the air-conditioner. OK, if you find that idea abhorrent, then do not use it at full blast and cut it out as soon as possible.
Watch this Zee Business video here:
4. Run the car in the right gear. Do not accelerate too hard after stopping and try not to drive over 45 kmph. Try to avoid roads that have frequent traffic jams. Use digital gadgets to help you get around quickly by avoiding jams. Stop engine when there is a long queue and traffic comes to a standstill.
5. Do not carry excess baggage or things that you do not need in the car. And no, that does not mean you leave the spare wheel at home!