Andhra government presents Swift Dzire cars to unemployed Brahmin youths; check list of schemes here
This plan has come as a welcome surprise for the concerned. This is not the only welfare initiative for poor Bbrahmins, several other plans are being run by the Andhra Pradesh Brhamin Welfare Corporation, which also known as ABC.
The southern state of Andhra Pradesh is in the news currently. Notably, it has become the first state in India to have taken an initiative to provide employment to Brahmin youths living below poverty line by allocating vehicles to them in the form of a Swift Dzire car. For this, the government is extending an amount of Rs 2 lakh in form of a subsidy which the beneficiary need not return, while the rest of the amount for the beneficiaries has to be paid back through easy instalments, according to an NBT newspaper report.
So far, 50 youths have availed the benefit under this state government plan which is set to extended in coming days, said the report. This plan has come as a welcome surprise for the concerned. This is not the only welfare initiative for poor Bbrahmins, several other plans are being run by the Andhra Pradesh Brahmin Welfare Corporation, which also known as ABC. The Corporation also has one Andhra Pradesh Brahmin Cooperative Credit Society, which offers credit on cheap interest rates.
The Corporation is running 9 schemes which are given below:
1. Vedavyasa Scheme for students of Brahmin community who are pursuing full time Vedic Education (Yajur Veda, Rig Veda, Sama Veda or Smartham).
2. Gayathri Scheme to recognise the topper of the recognised and reputed School / College / Institute for his / her academic excellence.
3. Bharati Scheme to encourage Brahmin students continue their academic education (Regular), by providing one time financial assistance.
4. Vasishta Scheme to encourage Brahmin students succeed in competitive exams, by providing them guidance and coaching from the approved institutions.
5. Dronacharya Scheme to develop skills among unemployed Brahmin youth and enable them to gainfully employed.
6. Chanakya Scheme to encourage economically weak Brahmin Entrepreneurs set up new / expand existing Micro Enterprises in various sectors for his/her livelihood
7. Kashyapa Scheme for the poor Orphan children, Differently abled, Widows, Destitute women and elderly brahmins to meet their food and shelter expenses.
8. Garuda Scheme to provide Financial Assistance for Funeral Expenses of a deceased Brahmin in their family, where the family has no other means to meet the same.
9. Bhargava Scheme to catalyse, energize and strengthen the efforts of Individuals or group of individuals / an association / an organization representing Brahmin Community.
Watch this Zee Business video
Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu has reportedly said that the plan has no political angle rather, it has been initiated as a welfare measure.