- iPhone 14 production starts in India: Apple makes big statement; availability details
- Inflation likely to remain above RBI's tolerance threshold; GDP growth at 7.3%: S&P
- Indian Railways trains cancelled today list, September 26: 207 trains fully cancelled, 39 trains diverted| IRCTC Trains Update
- Manmohan Singh Birthday: Meet the economic reformer and former Prime Minister - 10 points
- Rajasthan political crisis: Congress bigwigs to intervene as Ashok Gehlot vs Sachin Pilot fight escalates
Unhappy with your Aadhaar card photo? Here is how to change it
Aadhaar card is a very critical personal ID of a citizen. Not just an identification document, it also serves as a necessary medium to source various government services , besides serving as an address proof.
Aadhaar card is a very critical personal ID of a citizen. Not just an identification document, it also serves as a necessary medium to source various government services , besides serving as an address proof. Notably, even though this is a critical document, you can still make certain changes. In fact,
Updating or changing details on Aadhaar card is very easy. One can update their Aadhaar details, at any nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. If one wants to update photo, they have to follow the same procedure. Here are the steps to change photo of an Aadhaar holder:
1. An Aadhaar holder can visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Sewa Kendra
2. The Aadhaar holder can download the Aadhaar Enrolment Form from the UIDAI official website - uidai.gov.in
3. After downloading the form, the Aadhaar holder has to fill the form
4. The Aadhaar holder has to submit the form to the executive at the Aadhaar centre and provide biometric details
5. Live photograph will be taken at the centre
6. The Aadhaar centre or Kendra will charge a fee of Rs 25 + GST to the cardholder
7. The Aadhaar holder will get an Acknowledgement slip after this process
8. With the help of Update Request Number (URN) that are provided by the Aadhaar center the Aadhaar holder can check the update status
9. The updated Aadhaar can be download online from the UIDAI website once the request for photo change is processed.
UIDAI issues the Unique Identification numbers (UID), "Aadhaar", to residents of India. UIDAI is responsible for Aadhaar enrolment and authentication, including operation and management of all stages of Aadhaar, developing the policy, procedure and system for issuing Aadhaar numbers to individuals. It also authenticates and ensures the security of identity information and authentication records of individuals.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.