7th Pay Commission rules for Central Civil Servants: These officers can know their salary calculation here
7th Pay Commission rules: If you are a central government medical officer, then you must know the method of fixation of your pay as per the rules prescribed by the 7th Pay Commission (CPC). There is an easy way to find that out by yourself. You can do that by following this easy method
7th Pay Commission rules: If you are a central government medical officer, then you must know the method of fixation of your pay as per the rules prescribed by the 7th Pay Commission (CPC). There is an easy way to find that out by yourself. You can do that by following this easy method. The salary also varies as per the levels one is employed into. These rules have been published through a gazette notification by Ministry of Finance. See here to know more!
See fixation of 7th CPC pay here:
As per the gazette notification, in the case of medical officers in respect of whom Non Practicing Allowance (NPA) is admissible, the pay in the revised pay structure shall be fixed in the following manner
- The existing basic pay shall be multiplied by a factor of 2.57. The outcome shall then be added to an amount equivalent to Dearness Allowance (DA). The DA will be on the basis of pre-revised Non-Practicing Allowance admissible as on 1st day of January, 2006.
- The figure so arrived will then be located in that Level in the Pay Matrix. If such an identical figure corresponds to any Cell in the applicable Level of the Pay Matrix, the same shall be the pay, and if no such Cell is available in the applicable Level, the pay shall be fixed at the immediate next higher Cell in that applicable Level of the Pay Matrix.
- The pay so fixed under sub-clause (i) shall be added by the pre-revised Non Practicing Allowance admissible on the existing basic pay until further decision on the revised rates of Non Practicing Allowance.
See the illustration here:
Let us assume that the medical officer is in the Pay Band of Rs 15600– Rs 39100 with the Grade Pay of Rs 5,400. He is at Level 10 which has a pay of Rs 61300 corresponding to that level and his seniority.
- Existing Pay Band: PB-3
- Existing Grade Pay: 5400
- Existing pay in Pay Band: 15600
- Existing Basic Pay: 21000
- 25% NPA on Basic Pay: 5250
- DA on NPA@ 125%: 6563
- Pay after multiplication by a fitment factor of 2.57: 21000 x 2.57 = 53970
- DA on NPA: 6563 (125% of 5250)
- Sum of serial number 7 and 8 = 60533
- Level corresponding to Grade Pay 5400 (PB-3): Level 10
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
11. Revised Pay in Pay Matrix (either equal to or next higher to 60540 in Level 10): 61300
12. Pre-revised Non Practicing Allowance: 5250
13. Revised Pay + pre-revised Non Practicing Allowance: 61300+5250 = 66550
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.