Call drop is passe, consumers can't connect calls; Check how Airtel, Vodafone, Jio users face this problem

ZeeBiz WebTeam | Dec 19, 2018, 11:44 PM IST

The problem of call drop is not new to India, as it still persists even after warnings issued from Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), but now consumers are facing difficulty in connecting even calls. This reality also came to fore in one such TRAI survey of local circles. Here are some of the starling facts:


According to the latest report by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), all three big telecom networks of Airtel, Vodafone-Idea and Reliance Jio are facing rampant call drops causing trouble for customers. Image source: Reuters


Of the three networks, majority of Airtel customers stated that they faced call drop problems, followed by Vodafone, while Reliance Jio also has call drop problem but lower than the other two networks. Image source: Reuters



37% Airtel users said that they faced call connect and drops frequently, followed by Vodafone with 32% users confronting call drops and Jio with 27% users witnessing the same problem. Image source: Reuters


30% telecom users stated that they are compelled to make data/WiFi calls frequently in the wake of call drops. 
The survey said the situation has deteriorated since May this year. Earlier 20% of telco users made 1 in 5 calls via data/ WiFi, but the number of users switching to data/Wifi has now increased to 30%. Image source: Reuters


In the survey, 31% participants were women, while remaining 69% were men. 44% participants were from Tier 1 cities, 29% from Tier 2 cities and 27% were from Tier 3 cities and rural areas. Residents from 240 cities were covered by this survey, and as many as 59,000 consumers took part in this online study. Image source: Reuters

By accepting cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.