Uber launches driver rewards programme in 3 cities of India
Uber will monitor progress and assess feedback before rolling it out to driver partners across other cities, said the company.
Global ride-hailing giant Uber today launched the pilot phase of its driver rewards programme called "Uber Plus" in three Indian cities including Delhi, Mumbai and Chandigarh. "We at Uber have always worked towards prioritising the welfare of our driver partners. Uber Plus is a massive effort in that direction, enabling our driver partners to garner more savings as a part of their everyday journey, and accomplishing their dreams," Prabhjeet Singh, Head of Cities, Uber India and South Asia, said in a statement. Key features of the rewards programme are:
1. The exclusive loyalty rewards programme would enable Uber driver partners to ensure more savings and access to exciting rewards.
2. According to the company, the points are earned over a fixed period of every three months and can be accumulated and used to unlock rewards and a series of tiers.
3. The higher the tier unlocked by the driver, the better the rewards they can access, it said, adding that tiers available to the driver partners during the pilot will be Blue, Gold, Platinum and Diamond.
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) July 3, 2019
4. The loyalty programme will be available to a sample group of driver partners, only in the three pilot cities.
5. According to the statement, Uber will monitor progress and assess feedback before rolling it out to driver partners across other cities.