- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Issue filled 37% on Day 1; should you subscribe? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4 price in India revealed - Pre-booking, offers and specifications
- Har Ghar Tiranga campaign: Over 30 crore National Flags sold; CAIT says business worth Rs 500 crore generated
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee death anniversary: Remembering the poet Prime Minister of India
- From Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio: 5 Tata Group stocks that made him ace investor
TCS Q3 FY19 Results: From revenue to net income to constant currency growth, let's look at key areas
The company presented December 2018 quarter (Q3FY19) result, under which its net profit grew by 24.07% to Rs 8,121 crore compared to the profit of Rs 6,545 crore witnessed in the same period a year ago.
TCS Results: Once again the largest company of India, Tata Consultancy Services has posted strong quarterly results. The company today presented December 2018 quarter (Q3FY19) result, under which its net profit grew by 24.07% to Rs 8,15 crore compared to the profit of Rs 6,531 crore witnessed in the same period a year ago. Meanwhile, TCS' revenue came in at Rs 37,338 crore during the quarter, rising by 20.81% from Rs 30,904 crore in Q3FY18. On Sensex, TCS share price ended muted at Rs 1888.15 compared to previous trading price.
Here's a blow-by-blow account of TCS Q3FY19 result.
Financial Highlights for Quarter Ended December 31, 2018:
- Revenue at Rs 37,338 crore, +20.8 % YoY
- Constant Currency revenue growth: +1.8% QoQ and +12.1% YoY
- Net Income at Rs 8,105 crore, +24.1% YoY
- Operating Margin at 25.6%, an expansion of 0.4% YoY
- Earnings Per Share at Rs 21.60, +26.6% YoY
- Net Cash from Operations at Rs 8,682 crore i.e. 107% of Net Income
- Dividend per share of Rs 4.00. Record date 18/01/19; Payment date 24/01/19
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) January 10, 2019
Business Highlights for Quarter Ended December 31, 2018:
- BFSI growth continues to accelerate: +8.6% YoY (+6.1% YoY in Q2)
- Digital revenue: 30.1% of total, +52.7% YoY
- UK and Europe lead growth: +25.1% YoY and +17.6% YoY respectively
- Continued investment in organic talent development: 292K+ employees trained in digital
- technologies; 318K+ employees in Agile methods
- Industry-leading talent retention: IT Services attrition rate at 11.2% LTM
Commenting on the Q3 performance, Rajesh Gopinathan, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, said: "We are wrapping up 2018 with strong revenue growth of 12.1% in the December quarter, which is the highest in 14 quarters, with continued growth acceleration in key verticals and across all geographies. The strong client metrics, industry-leading growth in digital services, a very strong order book and deal pipeline are all validations that customers recognize our differentiated capabilities and are picking us for their growth and transformation programs.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.