TCS Q2 Result highlights: Tech major logs Rs 8,042 crore profit, but misses estimates
TCS Q2 result: IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) today posted a constant currency revenue growth of 8.4% year-on-year.
Delivering a steady growth in Q2, ending on September 30, 2019, IT major Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) today posted a constant currency revenue growth of 8.4% year-on-year. The IT major has reported a profit at Rs 8,042 crore, against the June quarter profit at Rs 8,131 crore, showing 1 per cent sequential decline in the September quarter, according to the company filing with the BSE. The tech major reported a lower-than-expected September-quarter profit, it battled sluggish spending by financial clients.
Other key highlights of the Q2 results are:
1. The record date of dividend is 18th October and payment date 24th October
2. The company witnessed Digital Revenue at 33.2%, Growth of 27.9% YoY
3. The company's Net Margin at 20.6%, while EPS Growth stands at 3.8% YoY
4. The TCS Board announced a dividend of Rs 45 per share, including a special dividend of Rs 40 per share
5. The company revenue stands at Rs 38,977 crore, +5.8% YoY
6. The Constant Currency revenue growth is at +8.4% YoY
7. The company's operating Margin at 24%; Net Margin at 20.6%
8. With an increase of 5.7%, revenue from operations stood at Rs 38,977cr against Rs 36,864cr in the same quarter previous year
9. UK (up 13.3% YoY) and Europe (up 16% YoY) remained the driver of growth.
10. North America and Asia Pacific grew 5.3% and 6.5%, respectively; among emerging markets India (up 7.7%), MEA (up 7.3%) and Latin America (up 7.3%).
11. Life Sciences & Healthcare continues to outperform, +16% YoY; Communications & Media grew +11.8%
12. Net addition of 14,097 employees: highest ever number of employees onboarded in a quarter
13. The company continued investments in organic talent development: 322K+ employees trained in digital technologies, while 391K+ employees trained in Agile methods
14. Industry-leading talent retention: IT Services attrition rate at 11.6% LTM
Watch Zee Business Live TV
15. TCS and General Motors established a strategic partnership for future global vehicle design and development including vehicle styling, EV battery, motor design and advanced virtual simulations to pioneer world class vehicles that set new benchmarks in driving experience, safety and emissions.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.