- DA Hike: Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
- Bank of Baroda rolls out Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins details
- Torrent Pharma share price falls 5.5% on pricey deal with Curatio Healthcare – know what brokerages say
- Electric two-wheeler maker Motovolt Mobility plans to invest Rs 200 crore for expansion
- Spike in oil price breaking India's back: S Jaishankar after talks with Antony Blinken
Tata Steel appoints investment bankers for Rs 12,800-crore rights issue
The company is looking to launch the rights issue as early as January
Tata Steel Ltd has appointed domestic investment banks to manage its proposed rights issue of about $2 billion (Rs12,800 crore), Mint reported.
On 19 December, the steelmaker’s board approved the plan to raise up to Rs 12,800 crore.
The company has reportedly appointed Axis Capital, ICICI Securities, Kotak Mahindra Capital and SBI Capital Markets Ltd to manage the $2 billion rights issue.
The company is looking to launch the issue as early as January, the report said citing sources.
The approval to the rights issue by the board is part of the financing strategy to de-leverage and for general corporate purposes, the email added.
As of 30 September, Tata Steel’s gross debt stood at Rs90,259 crore.
In its 19 December board meeting, the company also approved an expansion of 5 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) for its Kalinganagar plant.
The proposed expansion will cost the company Rs23,500 crore, which the company plans to fund through a mix of debt and equity.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.