- RBI extends implementation of card tokenisation norms by 3 months; deadline extended till 30 September
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Noida International Airport at Jewar to be jewel in crown of Indian aviation sector' - Know what all is coming up at
- D-Street Corner: Market gains 2.7% in highly volatile week, investors richer by 5.5 lakh cr; what should investors do on Monday?
- Sebi allows UPI payment option to invest in public issues of REITs, InvITs with effect from 1 August
- Netflix lays off 450 employees in two months—Here's what's bothering OTT giant
Tata Global Beverages appoints Shikha Sharma, Bharat Puri as directors
Their appointment, which is with effect from May 7, 2019 for five years, will be subject to the approval of shareholders in the ensuing annual general meeting.
Tata Global Beverages Wednesday said former MD & CEO of Axis Bank, Shikha Sharma and Pidilite Industries MD Bharat Puri have been appointed as additional and independent directors. Their appointment, which is with effect from May 7, 2019 for five years, will be subject to the approval of shareholders in the ensuing annual general meeting, the company said in a regulatory filing. Sharma was managing director and CEO of Axis Bank from June 2009 up to December 2018. She has more than three decades of experience in the financial sector, having begun her career with ICICI Bank Ltd in 1980, the company added.
Puri had joined the board of Pidilite as an independent director in 2008 and was appointed as managing director in April 2015. He started his career with Asian Paints in 1982 and was also MD of Cadbury India before becoming Global President, Chocolates, Gum and Candy, for Mondelez International, the filing added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.