- FIIs buy shares worth Rs 3,040 cr on August 12, highest this month; net purchase at Rs 14,841.66 crore
- Independence Day Special: How investment habits, preferences of people have changed over the past 75 years
- Laal Singh Chaddha Vs Raksha Bandhan box office collection: How much money Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar movies made in two days
- Money Guru: As India gears up for 75th Independence Day celebration, where should you invest for benefit in New India? Expert de
- 31 new malls coming soon in India: Set to spawn massive jobs, employment opportunities
SpiceJet to hire up to 2000 qualified professional Jet staff
SpiceJet has Boeing 737s, Bombardier Q-400s and B737 freighters. It operates around 575 daily flights on an average to 62 destinations, including nine international ones.
Low-cost carrier SpiceJet on Saturday said that it is planning to hire up to 2000 staffs of Jet airways including pilots and cabin crew as the no-frills carrier continues to expand its operations. During the cash crunch of Jet Airways, SpiceJet has taken at least 22 planes and hired around 1,100 staffs of Jet Airways and the company expects the count will go up to 2,000 people.
As per a PTI report, Spice Jet will continue to take better-qualified professional Jet staff in the times to come.
Currently, SpiceJet has around 14,000 staff and a fleet of 100 planes till now. It is the fourth airline after Air India, now defunct Jet Airways and IndiGo to have 100 aircrafts. SpiceJet has Boeing 737s, Bombardier Q-400s and B737 freighters. It operates around 575 daily flights on an average to 62 destinations, including nine international ones.
SpiceJet chairman and managing director Ajay Singh said they are going to expand 80 per cent capacity this year (fiscal). A lot of the capacity is being expanded through the leasing route. Therefore, it may not require a huge amount of cash. Also, this year they expect to be significantly profitable through a sale and leaseback. So, they think that they don't need to dilute any equity.
Also added, that they have very little debt in the company and the debt relates to Q400s we have on our books for the most part. We are in a healthy situation that we have very low debt.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.