Reliance Jio Q2 Result Highlights: Mukesh Ambani's telco reports net profit of Rs 681 cr
Mukesh Ambani's newest company, RJio, had its own fair share of good news to divulge for the July-September period. RIL also declared that it will acquire 66% stake in Den Networks for Rs 2,290 crore and 51.3% in Hathway Cable for Rs 2,940 crore.
Reliance Jio Q2 result: Even as Reliance Industries reported a 17.4% jump in net profits at Rs 9,516 crore, highest ever quarterly figure (year-on-year), Mukesh Ambani's newest company, RJio had its own fair share of good news to divulge for the July-September period. RIL also declared that it will acquire 66% stake in Den Networks for Rs 2,290 crore and 51.3% in Hathway Cable for Rs 2,940 crore. Check out the Reliance Jio Q2 result highlights here:
1. Standalone revenue from operations of ₹9,240 crore (13.9% QoQ growth)
2. Standalone EBITDA of ₹3,573 crore (13.5% QoQ growth) and EBITDA margin of 38.7%
3. Standalone Net Profit of ₹681 crore
4. Subscriber base as on 30th Sep-18 of 252.3 million
5. Lowest churn in the industry at 0.66% per month
6. ARPU during the quarter of ₹131.7 per subscriber per month
7. Total wireless data traffic during the quarter of 771 crore GB
8. Total voice traffic during the quarter of 53,379 crore minutes
Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director, RIL said, “Jio was conceived with a mission to connect everyone and everything, everywhere – always at the highest quality and the most affordable price. We are making rapid progress on the growth of our digital platforms, across new commerce, media and entertainment, agriculture, education, healthcare and financial services, which will further enhance the quality of life and productivity of the people of India.”
Other noteworthy stats
* Jio has crossed the 250 mn subscribers mark with 25 months of starting operations
* Accelerated growth in subscriber base to 252.3 mn
* Data consumption recorded was at record 771 cr GB during the quarter; 11 GB per user per month
* Reported strong demand for FTTH across 1,100 cities in early phase of registration
Watch this Zee Business video
* Robust financial performance with EBITDA growth of 14% QoQ and 148% YoY to Rs 3,573 crore in Q2 FY 2018-19.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.