- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
Q4FY19 results: NALCO registers 29 pct annual growth, Q4 operating profit rises 5.5 pct
NALCO announced annual growth of Rs 1,732 crore in FY19, which is 29 per cent higher than FY18 growth.
Metal major NALCO (National Aluminium Company Limited) has announced its Jan-March 2019 fourth-quarter results, which is moderate but praiseworthy given the powering aluminum prices in recent months. The company announced an annual growth of Rs 1,732 crore in FY19, which is 29 per cent higher than FY18 growth. It's EBITDA margins have gone up from 17.1 per cent in FY 18 to 18.7 per cent in FY 19. However, the company's YoY profit went down while its earning also witnessed lower numbers in comparison to the same quarter in the previous fiscal year.
Speaking on the quarterly results TK Chand, CMD, NALCO told Zee Business TV, "We are happy with the quarter results as the company has registered Rs 1,732 crore annual growth in FY19, which is around 29 per cent higher than the previous fiscal year." He said that lowering aluminum prices have been putting pressure on the company's margins and if the trend continues, the company's margins may further go down in coming quarters.
Here are the top 5 key takeaways of the NALCO Q4FY19 results:
1] YoY EBITDA (Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization) earnings grew from 17.1 per cent in Q4FY18 to 18.7 per cent in Q4FY19;
2] YoY operating profit went up from Rs 490 crore in Q4FY18 to Rs 517 crore in Q4FY19;
3] As Jan-March quarter marks the completion of the FY19, the aluminum major announced Rs 1,732 crore growth in FY19, which is 29 per cent higher than FY18;
4] YoY profit in Q4FY19 went down from Rs 257 to Rs 234 crore; and
5] YoY Earnings of the company went down from in Q4FY19 from Rs 2,863 crore to Rs 2,766 crore.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.