- AMC Sector: Growth-oriented funds lead the strong inflows in sector, says BK Securities – check key triggers
- Q1FY23 Preview: Pharmaceutical firms likely to deliver subdued performance in domestic market, says Nirmal Bang
- Chemical sector may report growth in operating profit both sequentially and YoY in Q1FY23 – Check details here
- Finance Ministry empanels 12 transaction advisers for assisting in implementation of Public Private Partnership projects
- Stock market on Monday: Market may continue its volatile trade, believes Anil Singhvi - crude, rupee movement key monitorable
Phillip Commodities barred from commodity broking
The order signed by Madhabhi Puri Buch, whole time member of SEBI said, "I, in exercise of the powers... declare that the noticee is not a fit and proper person to hold, directly or indirectly, the certificate of registration as commodity derivatives broker."
Mumbai, Feb 28 (IANS) SEBI has barred Phillip Commodities India from commodity broking following probe into the Rs 5,600 crore NSEL scam. Phillip Commodities is the latest brokerage firm to feel the Securities and Exchange Board of India's (SEBI) heat. The order issued late on Wednesday declared the firm unfit to operate as a commodity derivatives brokerage.
Prior to this, the commodity arm of Motilal Oswal, India Infoline, Anand Rathi and Geofin Comtrade were barred from operating in the commodity derivatives segment. SEBI is probing as many as 300 brokers for violating rules colluding with the National Spot Exchange Ltd (NSEL) to defraud investors.
The order signed by Madhabhi Puri Buch, whole time member of SEBI said, "I, in exercise of the powers... declare that the noticee is not a fit and proper person to hold, directly or indirectly, the certificate of registration as commodity derivatives broker." "The noticee (Phillip Commodities India Pvt) shall cease to act, directly or indirectly, as a commodity derivatives broker."
Watch This Zee Business Video
The order rejected the application filed by Phillip Commodities India and received by SEBI on December 16, 2015, for registration as commodity derivatives broker. The order shall come into force with immediate effect, it said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.