- Government formally handsover Air India to Tatas; new board to meet today, says Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran
- Sebi strengthens MF norms; winding up of schemes only after majority unitholders' consent
- Market is factoring 100 bps hike by US Fed in 2022; RBI likely to hike rates by June or August: Ashhish Vaidya of DBS Bank India
- Delhi weekend curfew lifted as COVID cases decline; night curfew will continue: DDMA
- Covid-19: Bharat Biotech's Covaxin, Serum Institute's Covishield vaccines get 'Conditional Market Authorization' approval form D
Paytm Q2FY22 sales up 64% yoy on non-UPI payment volumes jump; contribution profit grows 592% to Rs 2.6 billion
One 97 Communications Limited (Paytm) on Saturday reported 64 per cent year-on-yaer (Y-o-Y) growth in its revenues at Rs 10.9 billion for Q2 FY22, the company informed in its exchange filing. The growth was driven by 52 per cent growth in non-UPI payment volumes (GMV) and more than 3 times growth in Financial Services and Other revenue.
Contribution profit grew to Rs 2.6 billion in Q2 FY22, which was 592 per cent YoY jump, it further said.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
1) Contribution margin jumped to 24.0% of revenue from 5.7% the previous year Key Updates for Q2 FY 2022
2) Revenue from Operations grew 64% Y-o-Y to ₹10.9 billion in Q2 FY 2022, driven by 52% growth in non-UPI GMV
3) Contribution profit of ₹2.6 billion in Q2 FY 2022, up 592% Y-o-Y due to monetisation of our large distribution base through high margin offerings such as lending, advertisements and commerce offerings
4 ) Indirect expenses (excluding ESOPs) as a percentage of revenue reduced from 70% of revenues in Q2 FY 2021 to 63% of revenues in Q2 FY 2022
5) Improved Adjusted EBITDA margin to (39%) of revenues in Q2 FY 2022 (₹4,255 million), from (64%) of revenues Q2 FY 2021 (₹4,267 million), along with increased investments in technology and merchant base expansion
6) Gross payment volume to merchant on Paytm platform (GMV) grew 107% Y-o-Y to ₹1,956 billion in Q2 FY 2022.
7) Key Trends noted by management
Trends in our Businesses
● Growth of Payments revenues and profitability due to growth of payment volumes from
non-UPI instruments (including Paytm Payment Instruments) and payment services to
● Recovery of high-margin commerce business, and growth of Cloud due to ramp up of
● Increase of Financial Services revenues driven by huge ramp up in Lend
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.