Microsoft introduces new storage plans for OneDrive Cloud service
The new OneDrive Personal Vault feature will be protected by an additional step of identity verification, such as a PIN, fingerprint/facial authentication, or a two-factor authentication (2FA) code.
Software giant Microsoft`s consumer version of OneDrive Cloud storage service is getting new storage plan and security options, as the company has announced new paid OneDrive Personal plans for OneDrive customers and Office 365 consumer subscribers and its OneDrive Personal Vault feature, said The Verge report. Other features of this new service would be:
1. The new OneDrive Personal Vault feature will be protected by an additional step of identity verification, such as a PIN, fingerprint/facial authentication, or a two-factor authentication (2FA) code.
2. Users storing files in the new Personal Vault area will be prompted for an additional code each time they access them via the web, PC, or mobile devices, the report said on Tuesday.
3. Microsoft is rolling out this feature to the web version of OneDrive, the iOS and Android mobile apps, and Windows 10 PCs; and the services will only be available in Australia, New Zealand, and Canada for the time being. It will be available to all markets by the end of the year.
4. Microsoft appears to be one of the first companies to add such a feature to its Cloud storage.
5. According to The Verge report, iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox do not support 2FA-protected folders yet. , the report added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.