- Stock Markets on Monday: FII selling, US market corrections remain a pain point for domestic equities; Anil Singhvi gives trigge
- IT indices top losers on NSE, BSE this week; Tata Elxsi gained 16%, Sterlite Tech fell 24%
- RIL Q3 Result: Reliance Industries reports 41.5% jump in December quarter profit - Rs 18,549 crore
- How to transfer EPF online? Step-by-step process fully explained
- 6.5-magnitude quake jolts Philippines, no tsunami alert issued
Mahanadi Coalfields to set up 50-MW solar plant in Odisha
This project will reduce carbon dioxide emission by 91,020 tonnes per annum and carbon offsets of around 24,824 tonnes per annum, the public sector unit said in a release on Saturday
Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL) will set up a 50-megawatt solar power plant in Odisha's Sambalpur district at a cost of Rs 301.92 crore as part of its goal to achieve carbon neutrality by 2024.
This project will reduce carbon dioxide emission by 91,020 tonnes per annum and carbon offsets of around 24,824 tonnes per annum, the public sector unit said in a release on Saturday.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The Sambalpur-headquartered MCL has placed an order with a Chennai-based firm, which will establish this green energy project within 10 months.
The plant will cater to the captive power requirement of the MCL, which had earlier set-up a 2-MW solar power plant in Sambalpur in 2014.
The MCL has set a target of installing 182 MW of solar power by 2024 in order to become a net-zero energy company, aligning itself to use cleaner forms of energy for coal production.
The subsidiary of Coal India had earlier introduced environment-friendly surface miner technology, which contributes over 95 per cent in coal production.
As another environment-friendly initiative, the company has successfully introduced vertical rippers for blast-less over-burden removal in Hingula and Kaniha opencast projects.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.