- iPhone 14 production starts in India: Apple makes big statement; availability details
- Inflation likely to remain above RBI's tolerance threshold; GDP growth at 7.3%: S&P
- Indian Railways trains cancelled today list, September 26: 207 trains fully cancelled, 39 trains diverted| IRCTC Trains Update
- Manmohan Singh Birthday: Meet the economic reformer and former Prime Minister - 10 points
- Rajasthan political crisis: Congress bigwigs to intervene as Ashok Gehlot vs Sachin Pilot fight escalates
ITC Q4 results: Five key takeaways from the quarterly results
ITC Q4 FY19 results have come much above the market expectations as the Q4 profit rose 19 per cent against an estimated 8 per cent experts were expecting.
As the FMCG market is subdued, its impact was visible on the ITC Q4 results announced today. The company has announced Rs 5.75 rupee dividend and revealed that volume growth in cigarettes segment has declined 10 per cent against the market expectation of 5-6 per cent growth. However, the market experts are of the opinion that the way FMCG companies have performed in recent few quarters, the outcome of the ITC Q4 results indicates that the company is resilient and has strong fundamental. As such they have advised stock market investors to hold their positions.
Here are the key takeaways of the ITC Q4 results:
1] Dividend of Rs 5.75 has been announced;
2] Volume growth of cigarette has declined 10 per cent y-o-y in same quarter;
3] Overall margins of the ITC subdued;
4] ITC reported a 19 percent jump in net profit at Rs 3,482 crore against 8 per cent estimation of the markets and much above the FMCG and Hotel business growth of 11 per cent and 14 per cent respectively; and
5] Sanjiv Puri appointed the chairman of the company.
Apart from this, ITC Q4 FY19 revenue earnings are Rs 11,992 crores.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.