HUL Q3 Results: 5 key takeaways for investors
The FMCG major has been posting good volume-led performance from the last few quarters. The company has done well at the domestic levels, while margin improvement techniques have worked well in this quarter.
Country’s largest FMCG company Hindustan Unilever Ltd has announced its December quarter (Q3) results today. The company is known for its popular products in personal care and other segments. The FMCG major has been posting good volume-led performance from the last few quarters. The company has done well at the domestic levels, while margin improvement techniques have worked well in this quarter.
The 5 key takeaways are:
1. Rise in Net profit: Net profit of the 3rd quarter raised by 9 per cent to Rs 1,444 crores against Rs 1,326 crores in December quarter 2017.
2. Revenue numbers improved: Revenue increased to Rs 9,357 crores as compared to Rs 8,323 crores which is 12.4 per cent rise from the same quarter last year.
3. Better sales: Domestic consumer sales grew by 13 per cent in the quarter.
4. Business wise growth: Home care and Food business had a good growth in December quarter, while Beauty and Personal care business witnessed a poor performance.
5. Amalgamation with GSK: Directors of HUL approved an amalgamation with GlaxoSmithKline Consumer and Healthcare Limited (GSK CH India), subject to approval from shareholders and authorities (Approval was made on 3rd December 2018).
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.