- Market ends with marginal cuts this week; FMCG gains, Consumer Durables decline—What should investors do on Monday?
- Investors with short term view must book profits now; import duty hike, rupee weakness may arrest price correction, temporarily
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Maruti Suzuki, Ashok Leyland: What makes brokerages bullish on these auto stocks?
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
Cochin International Airport reports growth in turnover by 17.52%
On Saturday, Cochin International Airport Ltd (CIAL) announced that it has registered a net profit of Rs 166.92 crore out of a turnover of Rs 650.34 crore during the financial year 2018-19.
On Saturday, Cochin International Airport Ltd (CIAL) announced that it has registered a net profit of Rs 166.92 crore out of a turnover of Rs 650.34 crore during the financial year 2018-19. The airport has reported a growth in its financial numbers, despite the 15 day closure of the airport due to the floods in August. As per CIAL, the airport has registered an increase of turnover of 17.52 per cent, as the company registered a turnover of Rs 553.41 crore during 2017-18.
1. The profit (after tax) has increased from Rs 155.99 crore in 2017-18 to Rs 166.92 crore in 2018-19, by 7%, according to CIAL.
2. While the consolidated turnover achieved by CIAL and its fully owned subsidiaries like CIAL Duty free and Retails Services Ltd (CDRSL) stands at Rs 807.36 crore this year against Rs 701.13 crore last year.
3. The consolidated profit increased from Rs 169.92 crore in 2017-18 to Rs 184.77 crore this financial year.
4. CDRSL alone has logged a turnover of Rs 240.33 crore, the release said.
5. CIAL, which pioneered the idea of PPP model in airport infrastructure development, has been paying dividend from 2003-04 and with the last fiscal, the total dividend payout touched 228 per cent.
6. The Kerala government which has a share of 32.41 per cent in CIAL has been given Rs 31 crore as dividend during the last fiscal, the release said.
7. For the 2018-19, the board has proposed a dividend of 27 per cent which has to be ratified by the annual general meeting to be held in Ernakulam on September 28.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.