- Stock Market Outlook: Our dependence on US market limited now, next 10-15 years belong to India, says Anil Singhvi | Here's why
- Toyota Hyryder Unveiled: Toyota India unveils new self-charging hybrid electric SUV in India; check details
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Gold Price Today: Yellow metal surges by over Rs 1000 as excise duty hiked to 12.5% - check gold rate in your city
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
BNP Paribas Cardif to sell 2.5 pc stake in SBI Life for Rs 1,625 cr
BNP Paribas held 7.7 crore shares, representing 7.7 per cent stake in the insurance company as on March 31, while the SBI holds 62.10 per cent stake in the company.
BNP Paribas Cardif, which is the foreign partner of SBI Life Insurance, has decided to sell up to 2.5 crore shares, representing 2.5 per cent stake in the insurance company, for at least Rs 1,625 crore through offer for sale (OFS) mechanism.
1. According to SBI Life Insurance Company's filing with the BSE today, the two-day OFS, for which the floor price has been fixed at Rs 650 per share, will open on Tuesday.
2. The floor price is lower than Monday's closing rate of Rs 710.45 per share on the BSE.
3. BNP Paribas held 7.7 crore shares, representing 7.7 per cent stake in the insurance company as on March 31, while the SBI holds 62.10 per cent stake in the company.
4. BNP Paribas Cardif has been gradually off-loading its stake in the company, as on March 29, it had sold 5 crore shares of the insurance company for Rs 2,889 crore.
5. In the same month, Carlyle Group had acquired nine per cent stake in the life insurer from BNP Paribas Cardif.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.