Airtel Rs 499 postpaid plan gives 40GB data; is it better than Reliance Jio offer?
To take on Reliance Jio once again, Airtel has introduced its latest postpaid offer - a recharge pack priced at Rs 499.
The battle between these two telecom giants is refusing to end. Bharti Airtel and Reliance Jio, are trying to lure their customers with cheapest and best postpaid and prepaid offers. Since the time RJio hit the telecom market, Airtel had no option but to learn the game of cheap recharge packs, unlimited calling and heavy data. This, because Mukesh Ambani led RIL's telecom arm was riding on such offers to the top of the industry and displacing the incumbent telcos. This led to Sunil Mittal led Airtel to log big losses. Now, to take on RJio once again, Airtel has introduced its latest postpaid offer, a recharge pack priced at Rs 499.
The Rs 499 of Airtel recharge gives 40GB of data in 3G/4G network on a bill cycle. The offer further provides unlimited local, STD, incoming and outgoing roaming calls on postpaid network.
Apart from it, the customer can also avail one year subscription with Amazon prime on doing this recharge. However, it needs to be noted there are no free add on connections available under the pack.
Additionally, an Airtel customer can also enjoy benefits like Wynk Music, Live TV & Movies and Handset Damage Protection.
Terms and conditions of Airtel are:
- This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer provided by Airtel
- The benefits under this Offer are not transferable. No exchange or redemption for an equivalent cash
- amount or in any other form shall be allowed
- The accumulated data is valid only till the subscriber continues with the existing plan
- This Offer is only applicable if all bill payments are regularly. Once lost, the accumulated data would not be credited to the use even after payment of the pending amount
- This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer provided by Airtel. This Offer is not valid for special, commercial or enterprise plans
Now this Rs 499 postpaid pack of Airtel, is competing against RJio's Rs 509 postpaid plan, and once again, RJio dominates with even more heavy data for their customers.
Under Rs 509 plan of RJio, a customer can enjoy up to 60GB totat data with 2GB data per day. The offer has validity as per bill cycle, and a customer can make security deposit of Rs 600.
The offer will provide local, STD, roaming voice calls across all operators. There is also unlimited local, STD and roaming SMS available to the customers. Apart from this, RJio is also giving unlimited access to all it's Jio apps under the pack.
Terms and conditions are:
- The subscriber must have an active prepaid/Postpaid Plan to avail the additional benefits offered under Jio Prime
- All Postpaid subscribers opting for Jio Prime are also required to opt for e-bill and autopay options
- This Plan is intended only for personal use of included services. RJIL reserves the right to discontinue the free Voice benefits offered as part of this Plan in case of misuse/ fraudulent use/ unauthorised telemarketing and commercial use
- The voice benefits under the Plan voucher cannot be used for outgoing calls to premium numbers, IN numbers and other chargeable short codes; the subscriber will be charged applicable tariffs for the same
- Unlimited SMS referred in the plan benefits will be capped at 100 free SMS per day in compliance with TRAI Regulations
- Unutilized free benefits will be forfeited at the end of validity
Thus, in case you plan to opt for a postpaid plan, so it's always best to compare the offers in order to avail best deals.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.