New Land Rover Defender: Brainy and brawny! World's 1st dual eSIM connectivity is here at CES 2020 - All details here
New Land Rover Defender at CES 2020: The Land Rover Defender family will showcase its 21st century dual-eSIM connectivity at world’s largest consumer electronics show, CES 2020 in Las Vegas.
New Land Rover Defender at CES 2020: The Land Rover Defender family will showcase its 21st century dual-eSIM connectivity at world’s largest consumer electronics show, CES 2020 in Las Vegas. New Land Rover Defender is the first vehicle with two embedded LTE modems for enhanced connectivity, while Jaguar Land Rover’s new Pivi Pro touchscreen infotainment has an industry-leading design and shares electronic hardware with the latest smartphones. Here are top things to know:-
- Twin LTE modem connectivity: New Defender features world-first dual-modem, dual eSIM design for enhanced connectivity and functionality. Powered by two Qualcomm Snapdragon 820Am Automotive Platforms, each with an integrated Snapdragon X12 modem
- 21st century Defender: With two LTE modems, Defender can download Software-Over-The-Air (SOTA) updates on the move without interruption and while streaming music and apps through its state-of-the-art Pivi Pro infotainment
- Tech show: Defender 110 and 90 will feature at CES 2020 in Las Vegas from 7-10 January, in the Qualcomm (LVCC, North Hall, 5606) and BlackBerry (LVCC, North Hall 7515) booths
- Remote connectivity: New 4x4 features 16 electronic modules that can be updated anywhere in the world, and uses cloud-based technology from CloudCar to provide personalisation, content and services
- Advanced assistance: Comprehensive range of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems developed with Bosch includes a 3D Surround Camera system that operates as a mobile scout for the driver
Peter Virk, Director of Connected Car and Future Technology, Jaguar Land Rover, said: “With one LTE modem and eSIM dedicated to the Software-Over-The-Air (SOTA) technology and the same set-up looking after music streaming and apps, New Defender has the digital capacity to keep customers connected, updated and entertained at all times anywhere in the world. You could liken the design to a brain, with each half enjoying its own connection for unrivalled and uninterrupted service. Like the brain, one side of the system looks after logical functions, like SOTA, while the other takes care of more creative tasks.”
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.