Hyundai KONA launched - India’s 1st fully electric SUV is here! Do you know these top details?
A new chapter was added to the current talk of the auto town on Tuesday when Hyundai Motor India Ltd launched India’s First Fully Electric SUV- KONA Electric.
A new chapter was added to the current talk of the auto town on Tuesday when Hyundai Motor India Ltd launched India’s First Fully Electric SUV- KONA Electric. The car is priced at Rs 25.30 lakhs (ex-showroom). Hyundai says that KONA Electric will offer a driving range of 452 Kms/charge. "Hyundai KONA is a true expression of Hyundai’s Advanced Technology in Eco & Clean Mobility. Appealing to Consumers with active, eco-focused lifestyle – Hyundai KONA Electric will offer Youthful Design, Sporty Driving and Advanced Technology," The South Korean auto maker said in a statement. Here are key things to know about KONA:-
- Long Range First Green SUV - 452 Kms/Charge (ARAI Certified)
- Environment Friendly - Clean Mobility
- Advanced Lithium- ion Battery with 39.2 kWh offers impressive driving range
- Exhilarating Performance: 0-100 Kmph in 9.7 Secs
- Distinctive Design and Hi-Tech, Premium Interiors
- 136ps permanent-magnet synchronous electric motor powered by a high-voltage 39.2 kWh advanced lithium-ion polymer battery. The motor develops 40.27 kgm of torque distributed to the front wheels giving an impressive acceleration of 0- 100 kmph in just 9.7 seconds.
- The battery system has liquid-cooling technology and battery pack has high energy density.
- The premium infotainment system offers various advanced connectivity features, including standard Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. The standard 17.77cm touchscreen infotainment includes AM/FM/MP3, auxiliary input, voice-command recognition and Rear View Monitor.
-The Customers will be provided with two Chargers along with the car – A portable charger and an AC Wall Box Charger.
-The Portable charger can be plugged into any normal 3 Pin 15 Amp socket and charge the vehicle. This charger can top up daily running of 50Kms in less than 3 Hours. Whereas AC Wall Box charger (7.2 kW) can top-up charge the vehicle within 1 hour for running 50Kms.
KONA LAUNCH: FULL VIDEO
Commenting at the launch of Hyundai KONA Electric, S.S. Kim, MD and CEO, Hyundai Motor India Limited said “India is ushering in a new era with Clean and Connected Mobility. We are committed to Government’s vision of ‘Shared’, ‘Connected’ and ‘Clean’ Mobility. As we embark on the journey of India’s future mobility, the launch of India’s First Fully Electric SUV KONA will be revolutionary and a definitive forward move to change the perspective towards electric cars altogether.”
“KONA Electric has received worldwide recognition and will be the most conducive e-vehicle for the Indian market. The Electric SUV showcases strengths of its SUV model combined with advanced innovative technology of an electric powertrain.” he added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.