- Stock Market Outlook: Our dependence on US market limited now, next 10-15 years belong to India, says Anil Singhvi | Here's why
- Toyota Hyryder Unveiled: Toyota India unveils new self-charging hybrid electric SUV in India; check details
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Gold Price Today: Yellow metal surges by over Rs 1000 as excise duty hiked to 12.5% - check gold rate in your city
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
TikTok launches new feature for users' safety in India
The short video-making platform TikTok on Monday launched a `Device Management` feature that would enable users in India to have complete control of their account.
The short video-making platform TikTok on Monday launched a `Device Management` feature that would enable users in India to have complete control of their account. Users will be able to end sessions or remove their accounts from other devices from within the TikTok app to better manage the safety of their account. According to the company, the feature would help avoid the misuse of user accounts.
"TikTok constantly promotes a safe and positive app experience for its over 200 million users in India by offering them in-app tools and educational content to equip them with all the information they need to have the best possible experience while showcasing their creativity," the company said in a statement. "Device Management" feature is an addition to TikTok`s existing suite of 13 safety features.
Features like age gate, restricted mode, screen-time management, comments filter and safety centre are helping users to safely showcase their creative expression through their videos, claimed the company.\ A 24-year old mother of two children committed suicide last week in Tamil Nadu after she was scolded by her husband and prevented from using the short video-making app.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.