- RBI extends implementation of card tokenisation norms by 3 months; deadline extended till 30 September
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Noida International Airport at Jewar to be jewel in crown of Indian aviation sector' - Know what all is coming up at
- D-Street Corner: Market gains 2.7% in highly volatile week, investors richer by 5.5 lakh cr; what should investors do on Monday?
- Sebi allows UPI payment option to invest in public issues of REITs, InvITs with effect from 1 August
- Netflix lays off 450 employees in two months—Here's what's bothering OTT giant
These many devices are now running Android OS
The announcement was made during the launch of Android Q beta 3 OS, which is now available for 21 devices.
The Android mobile Operating System (OS) is now running on 2.5 billion devices globally, up from 2 billion, Google announced two years ago. Stephanie Cuthbertson, Android`s Senior Director made the announcement at the I/O conference. This milestone for the company comes about ten years after the first release of Android. "However, keep in mind that the numbers are based on Google Play Store statistics and it doesn`t take into account non-Google Play Store devices such as China`s Android devices without Google Play Services enabled.
"So in reality, a lot more mobile devices are running Android right now," GSMArena reported late on Wednesday. The announcement was made during the launch of Android Q beta 3 OS, which is now available for 21 devices. Android is the most popular mobile OS, though over the course of the last few years, Google has also invested in KaiOS.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.