- 8 years of 'Make in India'! Annual FDI nearly doubles to $83 billion since inception of the campaign | Details
- Stock Market Triggers: RBI Policy, F&O expiry, global cues to drive market next week; what should investors do?
- Harsha Engineers IPO listing date: Shares to make debut on NSE, BSE on Monday; what to expect from listing?
- Moonlighting row: Days when employees signed up with tech majors and spent lives on jobs are long gone- Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- FIIs turn net sellers in cash market in September; expert cites reasons
Snapchat may bring 'Stories' to the web: Report
The company is also likely to makes it easier to share videos on other platforms through a web player
Popular photo-sharing platform Snapchat is working on extending the reach of its "Stories" feature on the web as it also continues to test a major redesign of its Android and iOS apps, reports say.
"Snapchat is developing a new product called `Stories Everywhere` with a goal of making `Stories` available outside the app for the first time and kick-starting the app`s stagnant user growth," technology website Cheddar reported late Wednesday.
The company is also likely to makes it easier to share videos on other platforms through a web player that prompts people to sign up and download the app, the report added.
Meanwhile, Snap Inc -- the parent company of Snapchat has hired Rahul Chopra -- the former Senior Vice-President and Global Head of Video at News Corp and also the CEO of social data agency Storyful to lead the project.
"Stories" allows the user to string together pictures and videos taken throughout the day.
Similar to social media giant Facebook`s "timeline", this feature is public for all friends on the platform.
Snapchat is expected to overtake Facebook for the first time in the US as the user growth of the latter is set to slow among teenagers and adults, a report by market research firm eMarketer said recently.
The app currently has 166 million users globally.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.