- Independence Day 2022 Celebrations: HIGHLIGHTS - KNOW TOP POINTS, IMPORTANT QUOTES, BIG STATEMENTS
- PM Narendra Modi's Panchpran - 15th August - five pledges that will make India a developed nation in 25 years
- Independence Day 2022: What PM Modi said on launch of 5G mobile services in his I-Day speech
- Independence Day 2022: PM Modi dons white turban with Tricolour stripes in tune with Har Ghar Tiranga | PICS
- Dividend stocks, bonus share, stock split: IRCTC, Info Edge, BPCL among 17 shares to remain in focus this week |Full list
Google plans new browser tools on privacy, ad transparency
Alphabet Inc unit Google in the coming months plans to introduce new internet browser tools to limit how users` web activity is tracked by advertising companies and give them greater insight into why certain ads are shown to them.
Alphabet Inc unit Google in the coming months plans to introduce new internet browser tools to limit how users` web activity is tracked by advertising companies and give them greater insight into why certain ads are shown to them, the company announced in blog posts on Tuesday.
"Our experience shows that people prefer ads that are personalized to their needs and interests - but only if those ads offer transparency, choice and control," Prabhakar Raghavan, Google`s senior vice president for ads and commerce, said in one of the blog posts.
The tool would enable users of Google`s Chrome browser to delete cookies, which are virtual tracking chips that some companies use to document browsing behaviour, without having to also remove cookies that enable easy log-ins to websites, Google said. It added that it also would restrict some possible methods websites may use to circumvent the new tool.
A separate add-on, which will work in multiple browsers, will list the companies involved in delivering an ad to a user, including intermediaries between the advertiser and publisher, Google said.
Google announced several other new privacy controls and policies at its annual developers` conference on Tuesday, at a time when increased public scrutiny is forcing greater transparency in Silicon Valley.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.